For Sale in Little River Hills
This list will update as new homes come on the market, and includes “coming soon” properties.
Since this is a small neighborhood, there are only a handful of homes sold per year. So if you see one that fits your taste, go see the home as soon as you can.
Little River Hills is a small, well established community originally built in the 1950s. The neighborhood has a woodsy feel and lots of green space.
Here are some of the benefits of owning a home in Little River Hills.
• Built into nature. The lots in this neighborhood on the small end are a half acre, and many are bigger than that, up to a little over an acre of land for one property. This gives the feeling of space and privacy.
• Daniels Run Park and Army Navy Country Club. The neighborhood backs up to Daniels Run Park, which has walking trails extending and playgrounds.
The Army Navy Country Club is a private club that has a golf course and other amenities.
• Country Club Hills Pool. This pool is walkable for many residents through Daniels Run Park (or a short drive), and memberships are available for purchase. The pool is large and has diving boards, a swim team, tennis, kids pool and more.
• Variety of Homes Available. Although the original homes were built in the 1950s, many of the properties offered for sale have had additions put on or remodeling done.
Other homes were built in different eras. This means you can find ramblers, split levels, craftsment, colonials and more styles.
• Ashby Pond. There is a tranquil pond near the middle of the neighbrohood with a walking trail around it.
• No major through streets. You can get into the neighborhood from 236, and out of the neighborhood onto 236. The lack of access to any other large roads cuts down on traffic within Little River Hills.
• No HOA. Some prefer planned communities with HOA’s…but perhaps you are among the many that do not. No Home Owner’s Association means there are no restrictions on building/additions beyond the Fairfax City building codes and permitting process.
• Walkability and Transportation. If you would rather walk to where you need to be, you can find restaurants, shops, a gym, grocery store and more nearby. The CUE bus also has routes to other nearby destinations.
Little River Hills has an incredible location a short drive away from lots of great amenities. Here is some of what is nearby.
• Fair City Mall. A large open shopping center that has been the home of lots of great stores, a gym, variety of dining and a boutique movie theater.
• Old Town Fairfax. A small historic district with quaint little shops, restaurants and some nice areas to sit and walk around. They also occasionally have public events there and the town hall can be rented for a private event.
• George Mason University. The college is only a few miles from Little River Hills, easily accessible by car or CUE bus.
• Access to 495. If you travel to the east, you will find an entrance onto 495, which is a main artery road in Northern VA, leading into many different areas.
Selling a Home in Little River Hills
The chart above shows the median single family home sold price over the last 2 years. This can give a good idea of the market condition. But each home is unique and the only true way to know your home’s value is to see the home’s condition, updates and features
Are you thinking of listing a home in Little River Hills or the surrounding Fairfax area? Reach out to get a home value report to your inbox. We have sold properties in Fairfax for more than a decade and helped clients with all types of properties in all conditions.
We are also available to answer any questions about the market, the neighborhood and your specific goals.
New Construction Homes in Little River Hills
Little River Hills and Fairfax City are sought after areas for new construction homes. As the needs of the modern buyer changes, older homes are razed for new homes.
Fairfax City has lots of reputable builders, both small local businesses and larger scale developers. See all new construction homes for sale in Fairfax here.
You will often find homes on the market that are being built to be sold (called a spec home).
Because of the large lots in this neighborhood, it is one of the neighborhoods in Fairfax City that is popular for building new homes because you have so much space to be flexible with design.
- Country Club Hills
- Cobbdale & Fairfax Acres
- Kings Park West
- Truro (Annandale)
- Camelot (Annandale)
- Canterbury Woods (Annandale)
What is Next?
Looking for real estate help in Northern VA? Want to tour a home in Little River Hills? Want to interview a listing agent?
Drop a message below.
Share this article: