Country Club Hills is a convenient, quaint neighborhood of about 315 homes in Fairfax City, Virginia.
The neighborhood has larger than average lots, with ample mature trees.
The neighborhood is built adjacent to the Army/Navy Country Club, a private club which has a sought after golf course.
You will find the original homes feature lots of mid-century modern architecture, and many residents enjoy a great sense of community amongst their neighbors.
Homes For Sale in Country Club Hills
Country Club Hills has a handful of homes sell per year to new residents.
This list of homes will constantly refresh as new listings come on the market and homes are sold.
If you are looking for a list of “coming soon” homes in an area, fill out this form and we will send you a message with that information.
Homes and Neighborhood Info
Country Club Hills was originally built in the 1950s.
The original homes are compact, but also liveable with a lot of character.
Many of the home have a mid-century modern style. This type of architecture is often sought after for its great use of space, large windows and fusion of indoor and outdoor spaces with patios and garden areas.
The mid-century modern style has become popular over time because of its rarity in Northern VA and also the historic value of a bygone era. There are only a handful of neighborhoods that have MCM properties.
A majority of these original homes are 1 level, but include a basement with varying degrees of finished space.
Most properties have carports, though some of these have been transformed to garages or living space.
Some owners have expanded or changed their homes over the years. You will find some charming homes come on the market in the community that were updated to keep the mid-century vibe.
The community has an active Civic Association. The keep a strong sense of community by coordinating events, maintaining a website with community info and sending out a newsletter.
Living in The Area
Country Club Hills is in a convenient part of Fairfax City.
Here are some of the amenities and things to do in the surrounding area for homeowners to enjoy.
• Fairfax City. This Old Town area has small shops, restaurants and nightlife. A great place to walk around and has various events that appeal to all ages.
• Country Club Hills pool. A private club, this pool has members from Country Club Hills and a couple of nearby communities. This pool has an active youth swim team, tennis courts, pool events and more.
• Built around Historic Blenheim property. Central to the neighborhood is an old farmhouse where Union Soldiers occupied during the Civil War.
• Close to Rt 29 & 50. There are more opportunities for shopping, grocery and more along these roads. They also link you into Rt 66, a major highway running through the area.
• Fair City Mall. This is a large collection of stores, restaurants and amenities just south of the neighborhood. There is also an ice arena nearby and a large gym available for membership.
• Trails and Parks. There are multiple trail networks, including Daniels Run, which are perfect for running, biking or just strolling in the woods.
Van Dyke park is also walkable to the Country Club Hills. This park has a great playground, skate park and sledding hill.
• Vienna Metro access. The orange line metro stop is 3 miles by car, 2.5 miles with the right walking route and there is a bus stop just outside the community that runs to the metro.
• Proximity to Public Schools. The schools that have historically serviced Country Club Hills are very close by to the neighborhood.
Country Club Hills does not have a formal HOA (just Civic Association) so additions and rebuilds are possible within the confines of Fairfax City’s building codes.
There have been some expansions of homes in the neighborhood.
And some renovations that were done to keep the mid-century modern style, and these properties have been in high demand when on the market.
If you are in the market for a new construction home, see our guide on new homes in Northern VA.
Selling a Home in Fairfax
We are local experts in selling homes in the Fairfax area, with a strong track record of results.
If you are selling a home in Country Club Hills or another part of Northern VA, this guide is a great resource as you start to think about your first steps.
What is Next
Have a question about homes in Country Club Hills? Are you starting to think about buying? Have a real estate question?
Reach out below.
Share this article: