Homes For Sale in Camelot
Camelot is a sought after community of homes in Annandale, so there is relatively low turnover of properties sold each year.
These homes are from our MLS backed search, and include ‘coming soon’ properties and homes recently under contract.
Welcome To Camelot
Camelot is a quaint neighborhood of single family detached homes that is ideally located between Little River Turnpike and Inova Fairfax Hospital in Annandale, VA.
It is known for being named after the legendary castle of King Arthur, a mythical knight in many stories dating back 100s of years.
The neighborhood streets are also named after various aspects of these stories and its characters.
This gives the neighborhood a fun little novelty to talk about.
But more importantly, homes in the neighborhood are in demand and have appreciated well over the years.
Camelot has a great location, large lots and ample green spaces amplified by Accotink Creek running through the neighborhood.
Whether you are just moving to the area or coming from within Northern VA, Camelot is a great place to call home.
Living in Camelot
Camelot has a reputation for having homeowners stay in their homes for, on average, a very long time. This is a vote of confidence if you are thinking of buying a home in this area.
Here is some of what makes the community great.
The Community Club
In Camelot there is a community club at the end of Balin Ct. This is a private club open to Camelot and neighboring communities. The club sports a large pool with lap lanes, a slide, diving boards and a beach entrance.
The club also has areas for picnics, grilling, ping pong, playgrounds and a pavillion.
Many Camelot residents enjoy the events put on by the club. The swim and dive team, The Camelot Knights, are youth teams that compete at the local level with other pools.
So whether you want to socialize or just relax poolside, the community club is walkable to many homes.
Homes in Camelot
Camelot has approximately 400 homes in the community, and has an Annandale mailing address in the 22003 zip code. It is right on the border of Fairfax and also not far from Falls Church.
Camelot was developed and built by John Minchew, a local McLean based builder in the 1960s. Camelot Square, on the north side of the neighborhood is a handful of homes originally built in the early 1970s.
The original homes reflect a few of the most popular styles of those times. These are one story ramblers, two story colonials, bi-levels and split level homes.
Many of the homes in Camelot have been remodeled over the years. You will find everything from traditional layouts to more modern styles on the interior depending on what is for sale and how the homes have been modified.
The neighborhood enjoys large lot sizes, average around a third of an acre. Some are bigger with many being a half acre.
The yards and greenspaces are shaded with large mature trees including Oak, Pine and Maple. This gives it a woodsy feel that many residents thoroughly enjoy.
There is no HOA (home owners association) in Camelot, so there are no restrictions on building beyond the Fairfax County building codes and permitting process.
Here are some of the nearby amenities in and near Camelot a short drive, walk or ride away.
• Camelot Elementary School is centrally located just to the north of the intersection of Saxony Dr and King Arthur Rd.
This is a great thing for parents with elementary school children, as the school can be accessed quickly and without having to drive on a main road. Many homes are close enough to walk.
• Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) is right across the turnpike. The college has many programs and classes for students of all ages.
• The homes in Camelot enjoy quick access to 495 from the Annandale/Fairfax 236 exit. This highway will allow you to travel to DC, Maryland and link in to the other major highways in the area.
• Inova Hospital has a great reputation for patient care and is just north of the neighborhood. It is also one of the largest employers in the immediate area.
• Fairfax/Vienna Metro Station is a short drive away. This is the orange line, which will take you into DC via Falls Church and Arlington.
• There is lots of office space nearby, especially in the Merrifield area.
Things To Do
Whether you want to go right next to home or a bit further out, there is plenty to do around Camelot.
• Walking trails are plentiful in this area. The Gerry Connoly Trail runs through the middle of the neighborhood, along Accotink Creek.
• There are a handful of parks around, many connected by trails. Towards Mantua to the west, there is both Eakin Park and Sally Ormsby Park.
• Just a couple of exits on 495 away is The St James, a 450,000 sq ft state of the art sports and recreation facility. They have a huge gym, multiple sport fields, ice rinks and more.
A great place to get in shape or find both adult and youth sports leagues.
• The Mosaic District is just north of the neighborhood on Gallows Rd. This is a great place to eat, shop, catch a movie or meet friends.
• Access to DC is reasonable. Whether by metro or car, you can get into the city to go sightseeing, have a night out, attend a sporting event, or make it to a work function fairly easily.
• Fairfax City is also closeby, with a quaint little Old Town area with a handful of restaurants and shops. They also hold events throughout the year at and around Town Hall.
• Wakefield Rec Center, run by Fairfax County, is also nearby. They have a gym, pool, skate park, soccer field, classes and more available.
Streets in Camelot
Here are all of the streets that are in the Camelot Neighborhood.
- King Arthur Rd
- Brittainy Dr
- Lavaine Ct
- Kay Ct
- Camelot Dr
- Merlin Way
- Balin Ct
- Gawaine Ct
- Galahad Ct
- Saxony Dr
- Guinevere Dr
- Launcelot Way
- Ector Ct
- Excalibur Ct
- Druid Ln
- Tristan Ct
- Round Table Ct
- Valor Ct
- Chivalry Rd
- Garth Ct
- Holly Rd
- Gale St
- Bannerwood Dr
- Bannerwood Ct
- Bedivere Ct
- Pellinore Pl
- Collins St
- Luttrell Rd
Selling a Home
The chart above shows the average sale price of homes in Camelot, by quarter, over the last 2 years. This is great information to start if you wanting to sell. But each property is unique and you will want to talk with an expert about preparing and selling your home.
Whether you need to sell to move into Camelot or are listing a property in the neighborhood, we can help.
Camelot is a popular neighborhood, but you still want to make sure you hire a Realtor team with experience and who can market the home effectively for how homes are being sold today.
If you are thinking of selling, reach out to us below and request a no obligation consultation. We have helped 100s of buyers and sellers in the area.
- Prosperity Heights
- Canterbury Woods
- Homes Near Inova Hospital
- Homes Near Mosaic District
- Strathmeade Square (Townhomes)
- Mantua (Fairfax)
- Little River Hills (Fairfax)
Are you just starting your home search? Doing research on neighborhoods? Thinking of selling? It is never too early to talk to a real estate professional.
Share this article: