Homes for Sale in Farrcroft
This is a list of homes currently for sale in Farrcroft.
Our MLS backed search includes all homes for sale, is updated constantly and also includes ‘coming soon’ and recently under contract properties.
Welcome To Farrcroft
Farrcroft is a neighborhood of about 275 luxury colonial style homes located near the heart of Fairfax City. The community has a great combination of being surrounded by nature and but walkable to conveniences. Parks and other recreation activities are easily accessible, and and so are lots of local amenities.
There are both townhomes and detached single family homes in Farrcroft.
If you are looking for a spacious home in a suburban setting in Fairfax without maintaining a large yard, Farrcroft is a great place to start.
The Homes & Neighborhood
The homes in Farrcroft were built between 1999-2003. The homes are colonial in style, with most have brick fronts and side elevations. There are also some homes with attractive stucco exteriors.
There are a handful of different models in Farrcroft. The homes have semi open floor plans with large gourmet kitchens with ample storage and counter space.
Two story foyers, large owners suites, bonus main level office/library, large downstairs rec rooms, outdoor decks and patio areas are all common features in the homes in Farrcroft.
The neighborhood consists of around approximately 90 townhomes, and about 180 detached homes.
The community was built by Basheer and Edgemoore, which is a local Northern VA home builder that also has homes in other sought after neighborhoods such as The Reserve in McLean and Lake Barcroft in Falls Church.
Farrcroft has modest sized lots, most are between 7,000-8,500 square feet for the single family homes. The townhomes have smaller lots, and a selection of the detached homes have larger lots.
This makes the neighborhood ideal if you are more focused on the space inside of your home than the outside yard.
Farrcroft has a Home Owner’s Association that maintains a neighborhood pool and a historic property that is now used as the community center for Farrcroft.
Living in Farrcroft and Fairfax City VA
Fairfax City is a great place to call home. Here are some of the benefits and amenities that are nearby Farrcroft.
- Surrounded by parks. Daniels Run Park has a traill that actually runs around the neighborhood, and goes into the larger portion of the park as well. This is the perfect spot to take a bike, go for a run or take the family. Van Dyke Park is also on the other side of Old Lee Highway. This park has a skate park, playground, volleyball nets, walking trail and more.
- Walkable to Old Town Fairfax. Fairfax has a quaint Old Town District, which has a nice central park, some great local shops and restaurants and historic buildings where events are held and can be rented.
- Walkable to Main St Marketplace. Daniels Run Trail leads into this shopping center which has some nice places to eat and shop. Here you can find both chain restaurants and a couple of local staples.
- Quick drive or bus ride to George Mason University. GMU is not only a highly ranked University, it is also one of the largest employers in the area. Farrcroft is ideal for anyone who needs to be on campus quickly.
- Access for commuters. These are the 2 main highways running east/west and south/north in Northern VA. They are accessible by car. The orange line metro is about 3.5 miles away and can be accessed by car or bus.
- Shopping and recreation. There are bigger stores to the west in Fair Lakes, and there are a couple of great town centers nearby with stores, entertainment and restaurants. There are also gyms, rec centers, golf, tennis, basketball and more a short drive away.
- Community. Fairfax City has both long time residents and new faces to meet all the time. There are also lots of great events throughout the year.
Selling a Home in Fairfax City
Whether you are selling your property to move into Farrcroft or selling to move out of the neighborhood, it is important to hire the right team of experts.
Online stats give you a great idea of the market, but the best first step is getting a pro to give an opinion of the home’s value.
- Little River Hills
- Franklin Glen (Single Family & Townhomes)
- Country Club Hills
- Kings Park West
- Sutton Heights (Townhomes)
- Truro (Annandale)
- Canterbury Woods (Annandale)
Get in Touch
Looking to move to Fairfax City? Have more questions about real estate? Get in touch with us today by filling out the form below. We are experts in the area and have both helped clients and owned property in Fairfax City.
Share this article: