Welcome to Reston
If you are just starting to look into Reston, welcome. Reston is a gem of a town and community in Northern VA. The area is a perfect blend of nature, art/culture and convenience.
Reston has many clusters of townhomes built during different eras and of different size and styles. For more on townhomes in Reston see this guide.
Whisperwood townhomes are a small cluster off of South Lakes Drive, near the where the road crosses over Lake Thoreau and Lake Audobon.
The townhomes are quaint and in a great location. So if you are looking to become a Reston dweller, and are looking for something practical, affordable and charming Whisperwood is worth going to tour.
Townhomes For Sale in Reston’s Whisperwood
No Results Found.
Whisperwood is small, and also a very sought after community. This is also true of many townhome clusters in Reston. So if you see one that you like, do not hesitate to reach out.
This list above will update constantly as new townhomes come on the market. You can schedule a tour right from the property information.
The Whisperwood townhome cluster was built in the mid 1980s. The townhomes have a Victorian/Craftsman style.
This is unique for Reston townhomes at this time period, giving the neighborhood a distinct look from other neighboring subdivisions.
There are a few different models of townhomes. The smallest is the Tiffany, at 816 square feet.
This is a popular model, with two master suites, one on the top level and one on the basement level. The middle level has a kitchen and great room and decks extend into the backyard.
The Victoria is the largest at 1104 square feet, and has a more traditional layout with two bedrooms upstairs, some of which have a third in the basement.
Because of the smaller size relative to other clusters, Whisperwood townhomes offer a chance to find a more affordable townhome for sale in Reston. Unlike a condo, you will own your yard and the entire structure.
Whisperwood is in a great location. Off of South Lakes Dr, it is just south of the Dulles Toll Road.
To the west is South Lakes High School, an easy walk from the neighborhood. To the east you will find Lake Audubon and Lake Thoreau.
Reston is rich with Amenities, and Whisperwood residents enjoy all of the perks of being a part of the Reston Association. Here are some of the best highlights of living in a Whisperwood Townhome.
• Walking and running trails. Directly next to the cluster you can walk or run around two lakes. Reston is known for its serene man made lakes.
• Metro access is walkable. Using trails to walk, the Wiehle Metro Stop on the Silver line is approximately 1.5 miles to the north. By car, it is a 5 minute drive.
• Close to Reston Town Center. The Town Center has some of the best restaurants, shopping and entertainment in the area. It is just over 3 miles away by car.
• A short walk to South Lakes Village Center. Here you will find a grocery store, coffee shop and multiple restaurants. Some restaurants, such as Cafesano, have waterfront dining.
• Reston Association Amenities. Reston residents have access to all the pools in the area, all the tennis courts, basketball courts, racquetball courts, community centers and more.
• Proximity to schools. The Whisperwood townhomes are right next to the public schools Terraset Elementary, Hughes Middle School, and South Lakes High School.
Get on 267 easily. The toll road heads west to Dulles Airport, Ashburn and Leesburg. To the east, it connects you into both 495 and 66 At Tysons Corner and Falls Church, respectively.
Virginia uses the “EZ-pass” to make paying tolls a breeze.
Buying a Townhome in Reston VA
If you are looking to either buy or sell a townhome in Reston, VA I am an expert. I am a former resident of a townhome in North Reston and have sold in many of the clusters around the area.
Townhomes in Reston have a solid history of appreciation and make a great long term investment, starter home or even if you are looking to downsize.
The Next Steps
Have more questions about Whisperwood? Looking to buy a townhome in Reston and want to know what the first steps are?
Reach out to me and I can help you. Use the form below to ask me a question.
Share this article: