Residents of Salona Village in McLean have it good. They can walk to restaurants or get a cup of coffee on one end of the neighborhood, and on the other walk along a nature trail.
On top of that, Salona Village has some of the best new homes in McLean. There is a wide range of styles from some of the most talented local home builders in the area.
Whether you are just starting to research moving to McLean, or are interested in this neighborhood specifically, you can find Salona Village homes for sale and more community info here.
Homes For Sale in Salona Village, McLean VA
The homes above are currently for sale and updates constantly as new homes become available.
If you are wondering about coming soon listings and new construction projects, reach out to me and let me know what area you are looking.
The Salona Village neighborhood is built in a sort of horseshoe shape around a historic parcel of land.
The homestead on the site dates back to the early 1800s, and was a hideout for the President and first lady during the Revolutionary war. It also has history during the Civil War and beyond.
In 1971, the property and land were put into a conservation easement. Essentially, Fairfax County controls that land and it will not be developed. With a 52 acre site, it accounts for a large green space in the center of Salona.
Original Homes in Salona Village
Salona Village was built mostly originally in the 1950s, with the homes from that era relatively modest. Most were ranch/rambler style or smaller colonial homes.
Because of the stellar location in McLean, many of the original homes have been replaced by larger new homes.
New Homes in Salona Village
Salona Village is a very sought after neighborhood for new construction homes. To see new homes for sale in McLean you can see this article.
There is ample land to build a large home on and it is just a couple minutes away from McLean’s business district.
There have been homes built in Salona in every decade since the original homes. Many styles of construction are present, from large colonial style homes to sleek contemporary homes.
There are usually homes in different phases of the building process that you can find in Salona Village. The sooner you get involved with the construction, the more customization you can do.
McLean as a whole attracts some of the very best home builders. Salona Village has become a canvas for some of the finest homes in McLean, as you may have seen already by driving around.
There are lots of amenities nearby, both within walking distance and a short drive or metro ride.
Here are some perks to living in Salona Village, and what you can enjoy when you begin to live here.
• Walkable to McLean’s downtown area. Much of the neighborhood is an easy walk to some of the staples of McLean’s dining and coffee shops.
• Walkable to trails and Pimmit Run. If you are a runner, hiker or just enjoy a scenic stroll this park connects all the way to the Potomac River.
• Many homes back to green space. Whether the view is of Pimmit Run or the historic Salona property, many of the homes have great private backyards.
• Metro. If you prefer to commute via train, the McLean station on the silver line is 3 miles away. This train runs west to Tysons Corner, Reston, Herndon, Dulles Airport and Ashburn. To the east, it connects into Falls Church, Arlington and then into DC.
• Proximity to DC. Speaking of DC, one of the big perks of living in McLean is house easy it is to get downtown. Chain Bridge is the closest entrance.
• Tysons Corner. Tysons Corner offers some of the best shopping in Northern VA, and a strong job market as well with many large corporations calling this area home. It is a quick drive to the west.
• CIA Headquarters. Located in the Langley section of McLean, this agency fuels the government job market in the area.
• Close to the Potomac River. Boating, fishing, kayaking, sightseeing and more are just up the road.
• Close to Schools. Franklin Sherman Elementary is walkable for many sections of the neighborhood. The Potomac School, one of McLean’s renowned private schools, is just a quick drive away.
Buying a Home in Salona Village
Most of you probably found this article looking to purchase a home in this neighborhood.
If that is you, lets talk. I have a track record of successfully helping buyers get into forever homes.
Get in touch with me using the form below.
Selling a Home in Salona Village
Are you looking for a listing agent to sell your property in McLean? I am the best agent in the area at using digital marketing for high end homes to make them come alive for the new buyer.
What does this mean for you? You will get the most money for your investment and successfully on to the next chapter of your life.
Share this article: