New Construction Homes for Sale in Oakton VA
This is a list of new construction homes currently for sale in Oakton VA. The list will update as the homes come on the market and are sold.
Would you like to take a tour of a home you see? Reach out to us now to schedule or request from the information page of the listing.
Our MLS backed search also contains ‘coming soon’ projects and recently under contract homes.
Welcome to Oakton
Oakton VA is a small town, but offers the opportunity to own a large new construction estate style home with some land to go with it.
Oakton has been known for extensive wooded areas and greenspace. On average, the new homes have larger lots compared to neighboring towns.
You also do not have to sacrifice convenience when looking for space.
Oakton is located just north of a major highway in the Northern VA area, and is nearby the last stop on the Orange Line of the Metrorail that can take you east.
Whether you have decided to actively looking in Oakton or just looking into it, this page is for you.
If you are researching different areas of Northern VA for a new construction home, see our guide on new homes in Northern VA.
Types of New Construction Homes in Oakton
The most common new construction projects in Oakton have long been single family detached homes with ample sized yards.
Because of the large lots, it gives builders flexibility to build a variety of homes both in size and design.
Oakton’s signature are large, luxury homes that have a private feel because of the wooded areas and greenspace with some land. 1 acres or more is a common lot size in Oakton, and some are closer to 5 acres.
But you can also find new homes within neighborhoods with smaller yards and more modest homes if that is what you are looking for.
North of route 66, Oakton does have condos and townhomes. However, it is not common to see new construction condo and townhome communities in Oakton. Over the years, this could change but right now they are rare.
Living in Oakton
Oakton, VA is located within Fairfax County. You can access the town many ways but the most convenient is on 123 North from Route 66.
Close to the highway, Oakton has some more dense areas relative to the rest of the town, with some condos, townhomes and other amenities.
The rest of Oakton is much more spread out, with ample green space. Here are some of the benefits of living in Oakton.
• The Vienna/Fairfax stop on the Orange Line of the metro is very closeby, and accessible by car or bike (or foot, depending on where you live) without getting on 66.
The metro goes all the way into DC, other parts of Northern VA and MD.
• Oakton feeds into Fairfax County public schools and also some notable private schools in the area, such as Flint Hill.
• The Oak Marr Rec Center is a public recreation center available to buy passes or membership.
Here you can enjoy a large swimming pool with a diving well, a par 3 golf course with a driving range (and mini golf), a fitness center, racquetball, sport fields and more.
• There are shopping centers along Chain Bridge Rd. that have banking, restaurants, grocery and more convenience options.
• There is a trail that runs along Difficult Run Stream for bikers, runners and hikers to enjoy. This trail connects into Reston’s trail system as well if you are up for a longer journey.
• Much of Oakton has easy access to Rt. 66. This is great to get around the area or commuting into DC.
• There are a large selection of parks in Oakton and nearby Vienna, Fairfax and Reston. You can always find something to do.
Selling Your Home
If you are planning to buy new construction, many times you will have to sell your existing property.
The best way to start the process is to get an expert in your home.
Get in Touch
Are you in the market for new construction homes in Oakton or Northern VA as a whole? Have questions about the construction process?
Reach out to us below.
Share this article: