Homes for Sale in Franklin Glen
Between the townhomes and single family detached homes, about 20-30 properties are sold every year in Franklin Glen on average.
Our search is backed by the MLS, and includes ‘coming soon’ and recently under contract homes as well as for sale listings.
Franklin Glen is an established community in Fairfax Virginia of approximately 190 townhomes and 585 single family detached homes.
The area features ample sized lots, a community pool and some great colonial style homes.
The community is located between Rt 50 and Fairfax County Parkway very close to the Dulles International Airport.
Home Styles in Franklin Glen
Franklin Glen was built in the mid 1980s by Stanley Martin, a large and prominent east coast based home builder.
Here are some of the features of both types of homes in Franklin Glen.
Single Family Detached Homes
The single family homes were built with a primarily colonial style. The most popular and largest models are center hall colonials, where you walk into the home with a hallway in front of you, and rooms on either side of you.
The kitchens are in the back of these homes, and many walkout to a deck. The bedrooms are upstairs in a stairway adjacent to the hallway and feature large owner’s bedroom and attached owner’s bathroom.
There are also some other floor plans to choose from, many which feature a front porch that is perfect for enjoying a cup of coffee.
The interiors of the homes are large, and have nice spaces for entertaining and most have partially finished basements. It is common to see detail work in many such as mouldings, vaulted ceilings and more.
Exterior siding of the single family homes in Franklin Glen you will see for sale vary in color with different shades of both brick, vinyl siding or combination of the two. Most homes feature attached garages.
The yards also offer you great space, with the average lot size being around 1/3 of an acre. Some are even bigger, while others are around 1/4 acre.
The homes have a history of being sought after because of their size and functionality, so in seller’s markets they tend to go fast.
Franklin Glen’s townhomes can be found off of Springhaven Drive just to the south of the pool and clubhouse.
There are a selection of different model townhomes. So they vary in size, floor plans and exteriors. Many have “bump outs” that give you some extra space in the kitchen and some go up to the bedroom as well.
Typical of the era, most townhomes walk into a main level and have a basement and all bedrooms upstairs. Some of them also have a garage which walks into the basement. This is a very popular feature.
Most of the townhomes have a semi-open floor plan with combo living and dining rooms. The kitchens are mostly galley style in the rear of the home and many walkout to a deck.
You will also get a small fenced yard in the rear for grilling, gardening or just getting some fresh air.
Franklin Glen is a great community for many reasons. The first and foremost is what is within the neighborhood. Here are some of the features that you can enjoy as a resident.
- Community Pool. The pool is large and has a youth swim team, The Gators. They compete with other community swim teams in Northern VA.
- Multiple playgrounds. Great for parents with tots who are looking for something to do.
- Sport courts. Tennis courts (can also be used for pickleball) and basketball courts are available. Franklin Glen Park also has fields for soccer or other sports.
- Walking trails and parks. There are over 9 miles of trails for walking or other trail activities.
- Active HOA. There are clubs, events and committees that help to engage community residents.
What is Nearby
Franklin Glen sits in between several amenity rich areas of Northern VA, so whatever you need to work, shop, play and travel are not far. Here are some of your options.
- Dulles Airport. A short drive or ride away is this international airport, so getting out of town and back will be relatively easy. It also has access to the metro system on the silver line.
- Udvar Hazy Air & Space Museum. Really cool place to go see some of history’s most iconic airplanes and space shuttles. Fun museum to spend the day.
- Shopping and dining. There are tons of options here. Fair Lakes and Fairfax Corner are a short drive to the east. To the west, Chantilly has options as well.
- Lots of recreation. There are rec centers, gyms, golf, trails and tons more opportunities for exercise and sport near the neighborhood.
- A short drive to open space. If you want to get into a more rural area for a day trip or a weekend, wine and horse country is not far. Bull Run and Middleburg are popular spots for a rural visit.
- Major roads. Rt. 66 gives you access into DC to the east. It is a major highway that accesses many popular areas of Northern VA on the way to the Nation’s Capital.
Selling A Home
Franklin Glen is sought after for its location and amenities. If you are moving out of the area, we can help. Reach out below to get an expert opinion of your property.
Need to sell a property in Northern VA? This is a transient area and sometimes you have to move on, or sell to buy the next property. Here is our home seller’s guide.
- Fair Ridge
- Cedar Lakes
- The Enclave in Fair Lakes
- Pender Oaks
- Fair Woods
- Kings Park West
- Homes Near George Mason
Franklin Glen offers both townhomes and larger single family homes in Fairfax VA. If you are looking to live in a bustling amenity rich area, but still enjoy a bit less density than being close to DC, this is a great place to look.
Are you starting to think about buying a home in Northern VA? Check out our free home buying guide.
Are you researching buying a home in Fairfax? Have questions about Northern VA real estate? Reach out below.
Share this article: