Annalee Heights is a conveniently located community of about 250 single family detached homes located in the West Falls Church area of Northern VA.
There is a wide range of homes, lots to do nearby and quick access to major highways and other transportation.
The homes also have decent sized lots for the area, allowing most homeowners a fenceable backyard.
So if you are looking to move to Falls Church, it is worth touring any homes for sale in Annalee Heights.
Homes for Sale in Annalee Heights
Here is a list of homes currently for sale in the Annalee Heights neighborhood of West Falls Church. This site is backed by the MLS and will update constantly as new homes are listed and sold.
Are you wondering about “coming soon” homes? Some homes are listed in the MLS before they can be found publicly for sale online. If you want to know about coming soon homes in Falls Church or other area go to this form.
Annalee Heights has 10-15 transactions, on average, per year in the neighborhood.
The original homes in Annalee Heights were built in the early 1950s, and a handful of different models were built.
The style of homes are consistent with many of the communities in West Falls Church, a mix of smaller older homes and new development.
Of the 1950s homes you can find 1 story ramblers, cape cods and some colonials as well. For the most part, these homes were built on a concrete slab without a basement. However, there are a small amount that have basements.
The floor plans on the original homes are more traditional, and the homes are fairly compact, most under 1500 sq. The exception is the colonial homes, which give a little bit more square footage on average.
The community over the years has seen a lot of change to the homes. Many of them have had full remodels, additions and some have been torn down to make way for new homes.
New Construction Homes in Annalee Heights
Depending on the market cycle you are looking for homes, you may find some new construction for sale in Annalee Heights.
Since there is no HOA, there are no restrictions or review process beyond the Fairfax County permitting/building codes.
This means that you can find new homes and also homes that have been expanded on with an addition. Some of the 1950s built homes have an added level, a larger footprint or a combination of both.
The lots in Annalee Heights are also well sized, so they can fit a new home and still have room for a backyard.
New construction homes styles change as trends and your desires as a homebuyer change, so there will be a variety of homes to choose from depending on the era.
Living in West Falls Church
West Falls Church is located in a convenient and active area full of things to do and transportation options. Here are some of the amenities nearby.
• Providence Rec Center. Just down the road is Providence, a recreation center run by Fairfax County. Both monthly memberships and passes are available for purchase. It features a pool, gym, classes, racquetball/squash and more.
• Shopping Centers. Annalee Heights is located next to several shopping centers, with a diverse selection of stores, grocery, banking, medical offices and more. The biggest is Graham Park Plaza, under 1 mile away for many homes.
• Roundtree Park & Holmes Run Stream. Holmes Run Stream has a nice walking trail along it for exercise or just a scenic stroll. Annalee Heights residents can walk to this trail through Roundtree Park, which also has basketball courts and a picnic shelter.
• Parks. In addition to Roundtree, there are a selection of parks nearby that you can drive to, with various amenities such as playgrounds, tennis and more.
• Inova Hospital. This is a major employer in the area, and has expanded over the years especially after occupying the old Exxon Mobil headquarters and turning it in The Schar Institute. Both this facility and the main hospital are a few miles away.
• Mosaic District. This is a high end urban center just to the west down Rt. 50, featuring some boutique shops, trendy restaurants, a department store, organic grocery and more. They also have a farmers market.
• East Falls Church Metro. The metrorail system in Northern VA has stops that go to several towns, and eventually into Washington DC. The closest stop services the silver and orange line.
• Major Commuter Routes. If you need to commute for work, West Falls Church is “inside the beltway”, on the DC side of 495. In other words, you can get to major commuter routes easily and have a short commute to the city.
Are you taking a look at new construction homes? Use our Northern VA new home guide.
If you are starting to research buying a home, our Northern VA home buyer’s guide.
Our Northern VA home seller’s guide is a great place to start if you are selling.
There are lots of great neighborhoods in Falls Church and in nearby towns. Here are some other communities to look for homes for sale.
What is Next?
Have a question about Northern VA real estate? Buying a home soon? Selling a home? Reach out below.
Share this article: